Fresh Apricot Pie is one of those oft-forgotten summer pie recipes. It also happens to be one of the most delicious!
Fresh Apricot Pie
- 9-inch Pie Pan
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 9- inch pastry for double-crust pie
- Additional sugar
- In a bowl, toss apricots, sugar, flour and nutmeg.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice; mix well.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom crust; add filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to make a lattice crust. Place over filling; seal and flute edges.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar, if desired. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown.