You won’t find any eggs or shortening in Hellmann’s Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. They are replaced with delicious Hellmann’s mayonnaise. You won’t miss the eggs and shortening, and you won’t even know there is mayo in this cake!
Hellmann's Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 1/3 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans*; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Frost, if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.