This Hershey's Cocoa Fudge recipe is from the back of an old Hershey's can. This fudge is so good, and it's a real blast from the past.
Hershey's Cocoa Fudge
- 2/3 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8-inch Baking Dish
- Thoroughly combine dry ingredients in a heavy 4-quart saucepan. Stir in milk; bring to a bubbly boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil without stirring to 234 degrees F (soft ball stage). The bulb of the candy thermometer should not rest on bottom of pan.
- Remove from heat. Add butter or margarine and vanilla extract. Do not stir.
- Cool at room temperature to 110 degrees F.
- Beat until fudge thickens and loses some of its gloss.
- Quickly spread in a lightly buttered 8- or 9-inch square pan.