Oven Barbecued Chicken is ready to bake in less than 10 minutes.
Oven Barbecued Chicken
- 9 x 13-inch Baking Dish
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 3 pounds chicken thighs bone in skin on, drumsticks or wings
- fresh parsley, chives or finely chopped green onion for garnish
- Mix all Sauce ingredients in a 9 x 13-inch non-reactive (glass or ceramic) baking dish, then mix in water.
- Add chicken and turn to coat. Place chicken skin side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn chicken, spoon sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes longer, then remove from oven, and pour sauce over the chicken.
- Spoon or drain off excess fat.
- Set broiler on high. Spoon sauce over chicken generously, then place under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes to caramelize the chicken and allow the sauce to thicken. This does not take very long!
- Serve chicken, garnished with parsley or green onions, if desired.