Pico de Gallo (Beak of the Rooster) is probably the most famous of any salsas. You can make it chunky or smooth.
If you prefer smooth salsa as opposed to chunky, whirl everything in a blender.
Pico de Gallo
- 3 large tomatoes diced*
- 1 medium size red or white onion diced**
- 1/4 bunch cilantro chopped (use more or less depending on your taste)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped (or more if you prefer it hotter)
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and diced (optional)
- 1 avocado peeled and diced (optional)
- Wash tomatoes and cilantro.
- Dice tomatoes, onions, chop cilantro, jalapenos and the optional ingredients (avocado, cucumber).
- Put ingredients into a bowl.
- Add salt, garlic and the lemon juice. Mix well.