Rum-Raisin Ice Cream is an adult dessert. Rum and raisins are a highly complimentary pairing, and this ice cream is a testament to that.
Rum Raisin Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 1 cup dark raisins
- 1/3 cup dark rum
- 2 1/2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- The night before making, mix raisins and rum and let raisins soak until the liquid is absorbed.
- Combine Half-and-Half and brown sugar in a large saucepan and simmer over low heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool, then stir in cinnamon. Chill.
- Just before freezing, stir in raisins, reserving any rum that was not absorbed.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze until almost firm.
- If you have any leftover rum, add it now. Otherwise, continue freezing until firm according to manufacturer's instructions.