The beauty of this buttery-rich recipe is that it can be patted into the tart or pie pan - no rolling needed! Use it for cream pies or any tart or pie that calls for a pre-baked crust.
Shortbread Tart and Pie Crust
- Pie Plate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend ingredients to make a soft dough.
- Pat into a 9- or 10-inch tart or pie pan.
- Prick crust well with fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.