Four steaks...four seasonings...a little time on the grill, and these fabulous Spicy Jalapeño Grilled Strip Steaks are ready to enjoy!
Spicy Jalapeño Grilled Strip Steaks
- 4 strip steaks cut 1 inch thick
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeño powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine salt, jalapeño powder, garlic powder and cumin. Season steaks generously on both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Place steaks on oiled grates and grill for approximately 8 minutes on one side, or until moisture starts to pool on the top and beef releases easily from grates with tongs. Flip once, grilling on the other side for 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F with meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the steak.
- Transfer steaks to a platter and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain.