This cake is wonderful! It is also extremely pretty. I've been making it for years.
After you have removed the Spumoni Cake from the pan, and it has cooled, you can glaze it with a white or colored glaze, if desired. At Christmas-time, I usually use a Christmas green glaze. Sometimes I let that glaze set, then add a Christmas Red glaze so that it drips down in the spots that have not been covered with the green glaze.
- Bundt Pan
- Cut & Serve Set
- 1 (18.25) ounce box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- Green food coloring
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Red food coloring
- 1/2 cup drained and quartered maraschino cherries
- 2 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, sour cream and dry pudding well; divide into 3 bowls.
- Into the first bowl put green food coloring and nuts. Gently mix into the batter.
- Into the second bowl put red food coloring and maraschino cherries. Gently mix into the batter.
- Into the third bowl put chocolate and almond extract. Gently mix into the batter.
- Layer the three different colors into a well-greased Bundt pan: green, red, then chocolate.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 minutes.
- Glaze, if desired, when the cake has cooled.