Strawberries and rhubarb are a match made in heaven. This is a wonderful summertime dessert. Serve Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 9 x 13-inch Baking Dish
- 2 pounds rhubarb
- 3 cups strawberries quartered
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup instant tapioca
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chilled butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Mix rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt. Spread in 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Mix flour and brown sugar. Blend in butter as for pie crust until crumbly. Add nuts, if desired, and sprinkle over fruit mix.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 40 to 45 minutes.